Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

recommendations for a new park snowboard?

+9
XxBellaxX
Hudini
Iffy
Crescentia
MrHanky
Marche
MarcA
Okopogo
Caledfwlch
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

recommendations for a new park snowboard? Empty recommendations for a new park snowboard?

Post by Caledfwlch Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:30 pm

anyone ride park here?

I'm planning to purchase a new board. Right now I'm rocking a 152, Capita Stairmaster Extreme 2009. I might drop it down to 149-151, depending on the make.

Anyways, I need a good jib, flex-i board. box/rails, something forgiving on the landings, and half-pipe ready. twin is a must.

and no Burtons, I don't want the new binding set, otherwise I wouldn't be able to swap my equipment.

Has anyone tried the Yes Type? Ride Society? Forum Destory? Banana Skate?
Caledfwlch
Caledfwlch

Back to top Go down

recommendations for a new park snowboard? Empty Re: recommendations for a new park snowboard?

Post by Okopogo Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:57 pm

You do realize that by asking this question publicly, you have completely confused everybody who isnt canadian?
Okopogo
Okopogo

Back to top Go down

recommendations for a new park snowboard? Empty Re: recommendations for a new park snowboard?

Post by GayDin Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:48 pm

burton cust X... >_<

Go forum boards all the way, sexy as x clown

Can't post link but they got a cool park one with a skull on it. No Canada flags in sight tho. Sorry bruv

GayDin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caledfwlch Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:19 pm

Okopogo wrote:You do realize that by asking this question publicly, you have completely confused everybody who isnt canadian?

Dude, you missed the ski/boarding party. Saturday, we all went down to Granville Theatre and watched an epic movie, and the after party was at the post modern. At the club with the toques!
Caledfwlch
Caledfwlch

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcA Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:25 pm

duuude nooooo... burton blows ass this year in the park, if anything i have to reccomend GNU park pickle... judging by the size of your current board i'd say were around the same hieght so i'd reccomend a 151 ish.. don't deviate too much cause its an extremely light board. Perfect pipe board with a freestyle background, all round edging with tapered edges and lifted nose and tail. can't post the link cause im at work atm.. but when i get home i'll post it for you... or you can look it up between now and then. srsly though... solid board
MarcA
MarcA

Back to top Go down

Post by Marche Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:54 pm

MarcA wrote:duuude nooooo... burton blows ass this year in the park, if anything i have to reccomend GNU park pickle... judging by the size of your current board i'd say were around the same hieght so i'd reccomend a 151 ish.. don't deviate too much cause its an extremely light board. Perfect pipe board with a freestyle background, all round edging with tapered edges and lifted nose and tail. can't post the link cause im at work atm.. but when i get home i'll post it for you... or you can look it up between now and then. srsly though... solid board

its very true Burton atm is really sucking this year i dno what they are doing wrong but its odd

park wise i have been riding Sapients for years and i wont stop any time soon they r fuckin super light but you will still have amazing control as well i would say if anything dont get a longer board try for one a bit shorter then ur current one like when i ride pipe i go with a board around my the hight of my neck/chin where as down hill freestyle shit its about bridge of my nose (i have alot of boards LOL)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

edit* this is the board i have now been using it for almost 4 years as my main board and i fucking love the shit outa it [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Marche on Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marche
Marche

Back to top Go down

Post by MrHanky Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:03 pm

canadians are weird
MrHanky
MrHanky

Back to top Go down

Post by Crescentia Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:45 pm

MrHanky wrote:canadians are weird

Takes one to know one
Crescentia
Crescentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Iffy Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:23 pm

so how about dem leafs
Iffy
Iffy

★ ★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★ ★

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcA Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:10 pm

^ park pickle
MarcA
MarcA

Back to top Go down

Post by Hudini Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:34 pm

lol, I didnt know the #1 snowboarder in the world was Canadian...God now I hate Sean.
Hudini
Hudini

Back to top Go down

Post by Marche Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:29 pm

i miss being able to do shit like this :(

Marche
Marche

Back to top Go down

Post by Caledfwlch Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:48 pm

MarcA wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

^ park pickle

Looks like a killer board.

Marche wrote:i miss being able to do shit like this :(

Whistler, opens on the 22nd Smile

-----------------------------------------------------------

Oh yea, and for anyone interested on the movie I watched:
Caledfwlch
Caledfwlch

Back to top Go down

Post by Caledfwlch Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:08 am

I might get a Jib Rocker since I already got a Camber
Caledfwlch
Caledfwlch

Back to top Go down

Post by MrHanky Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:21 am

STOP SPEAKING CANADIAN!! I DONT UNDERSTAND YOU TO MAKE FUN OF YOU!!
MrHanky
MrHanky

Back to top Go down

Post by XxBellaxX Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:27 am

move to canada and u will understand us :D

XxBellaxX

Back to top Go down

recommendations for a new park snowboard? Empty PIIIIICKLE!!!!!!!! <3

Post by MarcA Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:19 pm

HERE'S A SUMMARY I FOUND ON IT:
Seriously im in love with this board, i use it for the parks and my good old forum for slopes ;p

Summary:

Agile, extremely poppy and easy to throw into spins and flips on natural and park hits. The GNU Park Pickle is super fun freestyle snowboard that’s a dream for jibbing and piste bashing. Take this oversized cucumber off-piste on steep terrain and you’ll find it lacking… but you knew that anyway… didn’t you?

Manufacturer's Description:

Twin asymmetric magnetraction banana for ducks! The Park Pickle takes the next step in snowboard specific geometrics. Banana between your feet for easy riding, catch free park freestyle performance, and unreal float in powder. Magnetraction for unreal edgehold everywhere. Asymmetric sidecuts and construction to balance the different turning mechanics required for heelside turns. Your body is asymmetric your snowboard should be. Park Pickles with a deeper heelside sidecut and unique asym core, are designed around progressive riding and modern freestyle duck stance in all terrain. Hand build by snowboarders at Mervin mfg, using fast growing eco woods and environmentally friendly construction techniques the Park Pickle is some delicious green technology! Feel the power of Pickle tech!

Year: 2010

Available Lengths (cm): 147, 150, 153, 156, 159, 156W, 159W

Riding Style: Freestyle/Park

Specifications:

Banana Magnetraction
Sandwich construction
Twin asymmetric shape for ducks
Double sintered UHMV sidewalls
Quasi Glass
Mervin Asymmetric AGA2 Eco farmed wood core
Sintered 9900 alloy base

MarcA
MarcA

Back to top Go down

Post by Vixre Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:00 pm

XxBellaxX wrote:move to canada and u will understand us :D

where's canada? Question

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Vixre

Back to top Go down

Post by Caledfwlch Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:17 pm

Yea, I've decided on a Reverse Camber.

Either the Banana or Pickle; I sound like a healthy mofo.
Caledfwlch
Caledfwlch

Back to top Go down

Post by MrHanky Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:21 pm

Caledfwlch wrote:Yea, I've decided on a Reverse Camber.

or gay
u want either a banana or a pickle that just sounds homo
MrHanky
MrHanky

Back to top Go down

Post by MrHanky Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:22 pm

Vixre wrote:

where's canada? Question

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
that map looks accurate to me
MrHanky
MrHanky

Back to top Go down

Post by Caledfwlch Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:50 pm

lol -- One American dollar is less than one dollar Canadian now. -- gg
Caledfwlch
Caledfwlch

Back to top Go down

Post by MrHanky Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:02 pm

the us is intentionally devalue-ing the us dollar for a few reasons

1. massive trade deficit-cheaper dollar = cheaper us stuff and more tourists
2. the dirty chinese wont unlink there currency from the dollar, by lowering the value of the dollar oil which is based off the dollar
rises in price and guess who buys more oil than us right now?
China.
just to name a few reasons be prepared to see an even weaker dollar in the future till at least those 2 things are taken care of.
MrHanky
MrHanky

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcA Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:24 pm

Caledfwlch wrote:Yea, I've decided on a Reverse Camber.

Good choices! i approve ;p
MarcA
MarcA

Back to top Go down

Post by Caledfwlch Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:36 am

Final Decision: 153' Park Pickle

Now, boots and bindings. Currently, I have Rome Drunks, they are sick! And I have Delta Rides, they are light, responsive, but something about them I'm not too sure about.
Caledfwlch
Caledfwlch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum